Практики общения в Skype
Практики общения в Skype
Данные практики общения в Skype помогают мне в работе для решения ряда практических ситуаций и напрямую следуют из https://agilemanifesto.org/ и Практики управления знаниями и коммуникациями. Я не стал их переводить на русский, если кому-то интересно - то напишите пожалуйста.
Комментарии, вопросы, предложения приветствуются!
Skype Communication Rules
<Level/Account>_<Component>_[<Role> ] - Dynamic Part, Where Level = Account or Project
- Component is Functional, e.g. Core, UI/UX.
- Separate chat for single Component, one broadcast chat per Project, one chat per Dev/QA/Analysts, one Org Chat + any of ad-hoc chats
- Skype chat dynamic name brings some message just as Dynamic part of Skype chat name - that's for broadcast cases, e.g. Test_Project - Улыбаемся и пашем.
- Be Creative, fun and emotional, but try not to hurt anyone's feeling. Report immediately on inappropriate joke personally to the author since he can always be misinterpreted
- Apologize on being too emotional and don't take it too seriously Use it as a reason to discuss what matters to you. Try not to use bad language (especially with ladies in the chat) and deviant themes (e.g. 2ch, etc)
- Chat Picture - that's optional and dynamic
- Current Styles -
- For Tree project - something with Trees. That's example of QA Blockers picture.
- For Analysts - Happy Tree Friends
- Choosing Chat picture is most fun - choose something with Trees and Component/Account/etc.to keep the style - You can do it anytime
- Use memes - but with caution and not too often Nice memes - Waiting/Ждун, Cat + Lamp, etc.
New Skype version improvements
- Use emoticons (e.g. to confirm/agree/disagree, etc) where possible -it saves time, space and express emotions. Personally i love them.
- Avaliable in new version of Skype are -
- Try to keep all discussions in the corresponding group (see multicast preference), general Skype Chat - only for Urgent Question/Questions that impacts everyone
- You can add anyone impacted to the skype chat if you feel so.
- If not sure - ask in generic Skype or more top level chat
- Always specify who are you adding to the chat, make sure person is mentioned in Team Matrix
- Choose any language you like to communicate and switch to English when required (e.g. adding English Speaking colleagues)
- Leave All conflicts outside multicast and broadcast chats - switch to personal chat immediately when something too emotional coming. Return back with result.
- Leave chat if you too tired and busy (or if you leave the company)
- If you need to find someone in skype - just try to search him and if > than 20 common contacts - probably that's your person
- Url for joining should not be created/placed in public
- Everything that could be captured should be captured in other places, e.g. wiki
- There are well known limitations of written communication, sometimes it is required to call/meet required colleagues in person, especially in conflict cases
- Use mentions That helpful for smart notifications
- Use quotes
- If emotions are overwhelming - update Chat picture and name - adding some prefix. See above. Revert it back when the storm is over.
- Use Emails for Escalations. Some overloaded PMs/TMS can not read all skype chats, that should be understood.